Please read What is Office-Based Anesthesia?
- Our office will contact you within a week of the procedure to schedule sedation/anesthesia and arrange for payment.
- After you have scheduled with our office, please complete the patient profile sheet and fax it to our office at 817-421-7560.
- Please visit to view an instructional video on how to prepare for sedation.
Preparing Your Child For Sedation Dentistry
- The day before and the morning of the procedure all patients need to have the nasal decongestant “Afrin” (Oxymetazoline) sprayed into each nostril.
- No food or milk is allowed after midnight.
- Between midnight and until 3 hours before arrival time: Your child may have water, clear juice without pulp, clear sport drinks (e.g. Gatorade), and non-dairy Popsicles.
- Please give your child one dose of acetaminophen (“Tylenol”) one hour before your scheduled arrival time.
- All patients should take their medicines in the morning with a sip of water. Do not take ibuprofen (“Motrin”, “Advil”) within 2 days of the procedure. Acetaminophen (“Tylenol”) is fine.
- Patients on prescribed inhalers or nebulizers should begin treatment 24 hours before the procedure even if they are not symptomatic.
- Pediatric patients may benefit from wearing a “pull-up” if they wear one while sleeping.
Aegis Anesthesia Pediatric Anesthesiologists Specializing in Sedation Dentistry for Children and Adolescents:
For more information about ofice-based anesthesia in children read our FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions on Office-based anesethsia.